The first concept of Youtube is an online dating website but it failed. Youtube was founded by three PayPal employees namely, Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim. It becomes live on the world wide web last February 14, 2005. On October 9, 2006, Google purchased the Youtube stocks for $1.65 billion.
- It has 2 billion logged-in users every month
- 81% of 15-25 years old in the United States of America use Youtube
- 15% of website traffic comes from the United States of America
- People around the world upload 500 hours of videos every minute
- Every visitor spends 11 minutes 24 second per day on Youtube (on average)
- 70% of what people watch is determined by its recommendation algorithm
- Each visit involves 6.5 page views (on average)
- In the United States of America alone, the company is making 5.5 billion dollars in advertising revenue in 2020
How to make money on your Youtube Channel?
You will need to apply for and accepted into the YouTube Partner Program.
Once your application is approved, you can make money on Youtube through – advertising revenue, channel membership, merchandise shelf, super chat & super stickers, and Youtube Premium revenue.
Guidelines to follow to be accepted as a Youtube Partner Program
1. Make sure your channel follow the policies & guidelines of Youtube. Only channel the meet the policies and guidelines will be accepted in the Youtube Partner Program.
2. Enable 2-Step Verification of Google Account. Not having a 2-step verification can cause delays in reviewing applications.
3. Must have 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours. It would be best if you reached this threshold to help Youtube decides on your application. More subscribers and watch hour, meaning you have a lot of content on your channel.
4. Sign YPP Terms. Once you meet the threshold, you can apply to become a Youtube Partner Program.
5. Adsense account. Make sure you only have 1 Adsense account. Connect your Adsense account to your youtube account to get paid.
Before you can create a Youtube channel, you need a Gmail account.
How to create a Gmail account?
1. Go to www.gmail.com, and fill up the necessary information
2. First Name & Last Name
3. Choose your username
6. Click Next
7. Phone Number
8. Recovery Email
11. Click Agree
How to make a Youtube Channel?
1. Go to www.youtube.com
2. Click Sign In on the upper right of the screen
3. Click you profile icon and select create channel
5. Choose how to create your Youtube channel – by using your name in Gmail account or you will create a brand name
6. Upload your channel logo
7. Describe your channel
8. Add your website and social link like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
9. Click Next
10. Customize you channel by adding channel art or youtube header
11. Now you can start uploading your videos
Essential Equipment and Software for creating a Youtube channel
For video editing, I recommend FILMORA, and for YouTube Channel thumbnail, I recommend CANVA, and for YouTube channel intro and outro, I recommend OFFEO.
FILMORA is an affordable video editing product for video and audio. It also offers video editing support for 4k videos. Create anything you can imagine with easy professional tools.
CANVA is a graphic design platform to create design presentations, social media graphics, logos, posters, business cards, resumes, flyers, websites and many more with thousands of free beautiful layouts.